A Nice Little Note

This was a nice little encouraging note someone sent me that got me thinking. I get great notes all the time and they all encourage me but this one seemed to get me thinking spiritually, which is so hard when you are suffering much in the flesh. I wanted to share with everyone our exchange and hope that it encourages you.

"I can't imagine how you function outside of the power of God. Dave, I just wanted to share with you the last couple of weeks since I have been so ill, my heart just went out to you and your everyday struggles. I can see how sometimes, even with Christ in our life, you feel so terrible and exhausted it's overwhelming and you can start to feel down. You do such an incredible job pressing on toward the goal.

I can't wait to see you after you get your new lungs, if that is God's will for your life, because for the first time probably since you can remember you will know what it feels like to breath, have ENERGY, and an appetite again. Man, my prayers are for you everyday. You are such an inspiration, THANK YOU !"- Your sister in Christ, Tasha-

Below is my response to her.

"God is merciful to me. Though I'm sick from my disease, I deserve much, much worse( In light of my sins against God).(However), What I lack in health, AKA- Poor Health, God through His Grace has made up in making Angela and I Rich In Faith. "Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love Him?" James 2:5. Thanks for your empathy and encouragement. It is hard for me to explain to others how I feel without being complainy. Angela struggles, (as do I), with understanding this because I'm so motivated most of the time and never seem to let up, even though I feel like crud. Lately, I haven't been so strong and require more time resting which is hard for (us) because (we) are at the prime of our lives. She admits to this struggle when I can't do the things I used to be able to do, like Costa Rica. (It hurts her heart.) My suffering isn't mine alone. It's all of ours and God is teaching you, Angela, me and the rest of the spectators, of his grace to propigate the gospel. "I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ." Phil. 1:12-13 and " But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith, so that in me you may have ample cause to glory in Christ Jesus, because of my coming to you again." Phil 1:24-26. (Paul is a great man of God and I could not wear his shoes, but the principles of suffering still stand for me as do you.) Even as I typed this in, the Lord is confiming in my heart this truth, as my eyes well up with tears. He is so good, and though he slay me I will worship Him. It is difficult, but only when I don't abide in him. I can do nothing without him." Your brother in Christ, Dave

I don't know if I need to explain much.

Comments

  1. WOW.....

    You are such an inspiration to so many of us Dave - rich in faith you are, my friend.

    Miss seeing you and Angela so much!

    Love you guys -
    Stacie (and Joe) Bryant

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts